What would a human body be without nerves? A lifeless dummy made up of human skin. The body wouldn’t be able to function. The same is the case with our vehicles. What the nerve is to a human body the same is safety control cable to your vehicle. They carry instructions from one part of the vehicle to all along everywhere in the vehicle, thus giving us the ability to control our vehicle.
If you want to accelerate your vehicle, you just have to twist the handle a bit, and your vehicle accelerates. The wire between the engine and the handle carried the disturbance to the engine, which in turn accelerated the vehicle. The same is the case with lights, brakes, and horns, too; it has always been controlling cables doing the required. Structure wise these cables are long, flexible, and usually black-coloured and cylindrical, spread like a web. They can be easily seen in 2-wheelers by looking between the headlight and handle.
Different types of control cables:
- Clutch cable: This is the cable that runs between the clutch and wheel.
- Accelerator cable: The cable connecting accelerator and the wheels are known as accelerator cable.
- Brake cable: This cable runs between the brakes and wheels and coordinates with them to ensure that the vehicle runs swiftly. They are different types of brakes, such as normal brakes, disc brakes, etc. Disc brakes can stop your vehicle at once, but it sure gives an overwhelming amount of jerk.
- Push/Pull cable: These cables are required to change gears while you are driving your vehicle. According to the requirement, the cable connected to the engine carries a jerk, which changes the state in which the vehicle currently is.
- Customized cable: You can have these cables installed in your vehicle as you like them. So you just have to walk up to any mechanic or customization shop to have it installed. According to your whims and fancies, you can have your vehicle and control cables modified.
It is vital to buy good quality control cables because our vehicles depend upon them and so indirectly our life depends on them. Also, while searching for a control cable manufacturer in India, it is necessary to account for some factors.
The factors include:
- A mechanic should be able to install the cables safely without any hassles.
- Cables must have a knack for resisting high temperatures.
- The manufacturer should assure of a quality product.
- Cables must be corrosion and heat resistant. Also, they must be coated.
- The cables must have considerable tensile strength. So that they’ll be able to resist the stress and strains while the vehicle is running.
- The cable must be made of appropriate material to be double sure that no mishap occurs.
- Genuine cables from branded companies should be used to avoid any hassles in case of replacement as these products come with a guarantee and warranty.